- Reviews (0)
Darjeeling is a town in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is located in the Mahabharat Range or Lesser Himalaya at an average elevation of 6,710 ft (2,045.2 m). It is noted for its tea industry and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Darjeeling is the headquarters of Darjeeling district which has a partially autonomous status within the state of West Bengal.
The development of the town dates back to the mid-19th century, when the colonial British administration set up a sanatorium and a military depot. Subsequently, extensive tea plantations were established in the region, and tea growers developed hybrids of black tea and created new fermentation techniques. The resultant distinctive Darjeeling tea is internationally recognized and ranks among the most popular of the black teas.
The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway connects the town with the plains and has one of the few steam locomotives still in service in India.
Darjeeling has several British-style public schools, which attract students from India and neighbouring countries. The varied culture of the town reflects its diverse demographic milieu consisting of Nepalese, Bhutia, Bengali and other ethno-linguistic groups. Darjeeling, with its neighboring town of Kalimpong, was a center of the Gorkhaland movement in the 1980s. The town’s fragile ecology has been threatened by a rising demand for environmental resources, stemming from growing tourist traffic and poorly planned urbanization.
1.Accommodation on Double/Triple sharing ( 3 * Hotel )
3.Salem – Bangalore – Salem ( Transfer )
4.Transfers in Non Air-conditioned coach as per itinerary
5.Current applicable taxes
6.Limited Entry Ticket
- Any other item not specified in Includes.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Government service tax
- Any Cost Arising Due To Natural Calamities Like Landslides, Roadblocks, Etc.
- Any Increase In Taxes Or Fuel Leading To An Increase In Surface Transport.
- Entrance fees during sightseeing.
Arrival NJP Railway Station / (IXB) Bagdogara Airport – Darjeeling.
Darjeeling DarjeelingOnce you arrive at NJP Railway Station or at (IXB) Bagdogra Airport (500 feet above the sea level), our representative will meet you and take you to your hotel – Glenburn Tea Estate (Darjeeling) which is approximately a 02 ½ hours drive. On reaching check-in to your hotel room and spend the day as it pleases you. relish dinner at the hotel and have a comfortable overnight stay.
After breakfast, proceed for Glenburn tea estate tour and walk through the tea fields. Enjoy lunch by River Rung Dung. Take a tour of tea factory and get the privilege of tea tasting. You will get a presentation on the history of Glenburn, and a brief overview of how tea is grown, manufactured and tasted. After which you will drive through the tea fields with Estate Manager and get comprehensive guided tour of the estate.
After breakfast, take same day excursion of Darjeeling Town. Enjoy ride on the famous Toy Train Railway from Darjeeling Town, through the picturesque Batasia Loop and then to the neighboring towns of Ghoom and Kurseong. Take a stroll on the Mall or shop for local crafts and antiques along the way. Also visit the famous Das Studios for a peek at their collection of old black and white photographs from the area. Enjoy your lunch at any of the places like Glenary’s, which has a nice cafeteria as well as a multi-cuisine restaurant. Visit the Zoo, famous for its snow leopards and pandas, the renowned Himalyan Mountaineering Institute and the Gymkhana Club.
Drive back to Glenburn for overnight stay.
Darjeeling – NJP Railway Station/ (IXB) Bagdogra Airport
After breakfast at the hotel proceed to NJP Railway Station / (IXB) Bagdogra Airport (100 Kilometres in approximately 3 to 4 Hours), for your onward journey.
- All rates mentioned above are a strictly for quotation purposes only
- No booking is at this stage. Vehicles/Rooms & Rates are subjected to availability upon confirmation.
- Any special request such as (room next to each other, connecting rooms, room on the same floor, 1 king size / 1 double bed, floor covering of any description, early check in, non smoking room, etc. ) is subject to availability on first come first serve basis up on your arrival at the hotel and it is totally discretionary and up to the hotel to assign.
- Midnight surcharge will be imposed for all pick ups between 2200hrs – 0700hrs
- Unutilized services are not refundable
- Cancellation based on HTT Norms: – Click here To See
- The Rates are subject to change in case of any hike in the price of fuel, Govt. Service Tax and other levies the same will correspondingly increase our tariff with immediate effect.
- Any Additional expenses incurred due to Coach / Train / Flight Cancel or Delay, natural disaster, Political actions and similar; must be borne by the tourists.
- All tours and transfers are included and are on SIC basis – Shared Coach
- Tips to driver and guides locally
- STANDARD CHECK IN: 1400-1600HRS (ALL HOTELS) & STANDARD CHECK OUT: 1200HRS (ALL HOTELS)